• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

TML? More like FML, amirite? Yet Another Off Season Thread

Leafs Updates is the modern day Bobo. Dude gets some sweet Leafs Updates from people high up in the NHL.

Comtois and Dube intrigue from that list, but that is about it.
I like Tolvanen. Think he’s been poorly developed but the talent is there at that price. Surround him with better players and he could break out.

Dube would be my first choice.

Because for most teams a 40+pt guy aint a 3rd liner. Especially if he does it without PP time.

And of course he saves all those teams $1-1.5m in real money, too.

Pretty underwhelming offseason so far. Guess they're hoping that Samsonov is this year's Bunting -- which would be pretty sweet, honestly. Maybe it's a mental/coaching thing with this guy and we can crack the code. by all accounts he has all the physical talent/tools in the world. Washington has been really good at drafting goalies.

seems like the only shoe left to drop is a trade to clear some space for Sandin, but that's a deal between 1 and 2 million most likely. we can probably just move Holl for a pick or two and use that money. I think if Glasses really wanted to move Kerfoot he would have done so by now.

I guess Jarnkrok takes Mikheyev's spot, and Robertson will take Kase's(?). Kubel I do like, he's a start on a good 4th line, which you'd think under a cap system should be the easiest to assemble. but still 2 more question marks there that I can see. line could still easily be shit like last year if they just stick Simmonds and whatever AHL tweener on it.

so that leaves you with a bottom 6 consisting of the aforementioned mystery 4th line and, like last season, a decidedly defensive 3rd line unit of Kampf, Jarnkrok and Engvall. A solid and worthy checking group no doubt, but we also need more postseason scoring. I don't see how that has been addressed at all, on balance. Jarnkrok and his 4 goals in 75 playoff games ain't it, that's for sure.

Pretty underwhelming offseason so far. Guess they're hoping that Samsonov is this year's Bunting -- which would be pretty sweet, honestly. Maybe it's a mental/coaching thing with this guy and we can crack the code. by all accounts he has all the physical talent/tools in the world. Washington has been really good at drafting goalies.

seems like the only shoe left to drop is a trade to clear some space for Sandin, but that's a deal between 1 and 2 million most likely. we can probably just move Holl for a pick or two and use that money. I think if Glasses really wanted to move Kerfoot he would have done so by now.

I guess Jarnkrok takes Mikheyev's spot, and Robertson will take Kase's(?). Kubel I do like, he's a start on a good 4th line, which you'd think under a cap system should be the easiest to assemble. but still 2 more question marks there that I can see. line could still easily be shit like last year if they just stick Simmonds and whatever AHL tweener on it.

so that leaves you with a bottom 6 consisting of the aforementioned mystery 4th line and, like last season, a decidedly defensive 3rd line unit of Kampf, Jarnkrok and Engvall. A solid and worthy checking group no doubt, but we also need more postseason scoring. I don't see how that has been addressed at all, on balance. Jarnkrok and his 4 goals in 75 playoff games ain't it, that's for sure.

Do think the bottom 6 is a tad underwhelming this year unless I'm missing something with Jarnkrok and Kubel. Hopefully our deadline acquisition is a significant forward and we see steps taken by Robertson this year.

Last year we started with our depth forwards coming off years where they did this:

Bunting 21gms, 39gl/51pt pace
Spezza 54gms, 15gl/46pt pace
Ritchie 56gms, 22gl/38pt pace
Kerfoot 56gms, 12gl/34pt pace
Mikheyev 54gms, 11gl/26pt pace
Engvall 42gms, 14gl/23pt pace
Simmonds 38gms, 15gl/19pt pace
Kampf 56gms, 2gl/18pt pace
Kase 3gms, 0gl/0pt pace

This year as of now:

Bunting 79gms, 24gl/65pt pace
Kerfoot 82gms, 13gl/51pt pace
Engvall 78gms, 16gl/37pt pace
Jarnkrok 66gms, 15gl/37pt pace
Kubel 74gms, 12gl/26pt pace
Kampf 82gms, 11gl/26pt pace
Gaudette 58gms, 7gl/20pt pace
Simmonds 72gms, 6gl/18pt pace
Clifford 25gms, 3gl/13pt pace

Reactions: BG
Last year we started with our depth forwards coming off years where they did this:

Bunting 21gms, 39gl/51pt pace
Spezza 54gms, 15gl/46pt pace
Ritchie 56gms, 22gl/38pt pace
Kerfoot 56gms, 12gl/34pt pace
Mikheyev 54gms, 11gl/26pt pace
Engvall 42gms, 14gl/23pt pace
Simmonds 38gms, 15gl/19pt pace
Kampf 56gms, 2gl/18pt pace
Kase 3gms, 0gl/0pt pace

This year as of now:

Bunting 79gms, 24gl/65pt pace
Kerfoot 82gms, 13gl/51pt pace
Engvall 78gms, 16gl/37pt pace
Jarnkrok 66gms, 15gl/37pt pace
Kubel 74gms, 12gl/26pt pace
Kampf 82gms, 11gl/26pt pace
Gaudette 58gms, 7gl/20pt pace
Simmonds 72gms, 6gl/18pt pace
Clifford 25gms, 3gl/13pt pace
same ole rabbit hole .... Zeke is so stubborn ... just like pretending that Antropov was any good.
Clifford and Simmonds will not be on this team. Both will be sent to the Marlies or given their releases, depending on their egos.
So as of now, it seems the bottom third has the same flavor... no heart or brains and/or midgets (ask Presto and the women, size does count) .... forgot to throw in there that malgin is a viable option for lines 2 down to 4 ROFLMAO and for this production, the Leafs got to go to a 7th game again in the first round.
Coaching is very suspect, goaltending is ... who knows what the heck it is?
Nylander and Tavares mix like oil and water .... and just a small reminder, Matthews doesn't want to play with Nylander. Willy just being Willy????
Defense is fairly good and not closely resembling the bad many media experts have been inferring.
Would have preferred Micheyev over Engvall or Kerfoot but not both and would Bunting be worth the 5 million he will receive next season if he pots 25 or more? .... another one leaves for free.
If Marner finishes top 3 for scoring this year, will it be interesting during his contract talks ..... 30 million for the two players?
The supply chain from the Marlies doesn't provide much value for the leafs this season, does this finally cost Dubas?

lol Gaudette is Kerfoot light? Simmonds had around the same point value. WTF ... should just put a rookie in and take his lumps for the first 20 games and adjust accordingly.

The kids - Robertson, Anderson, Steeves, Holmberg, Abruzzese - will all be in play for those last spots.

Back