• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

TML? More like FML, amirite? Yet Another Off Season Thread

Minor correction:

That series only went to game 6. But five out of the six games were decided in OT. And yeah, in that first year the fact that they were even in the playoffs at all was found money.

At the same time, there was a bit of a choke job that season too. After they clinched against Pittsburgh, they had one game left against a Columbus team that was sitting a bunch of regulars. If they’d won, they’d have gotten Ottawa in the first round. Instead they lost and got stuck with the Caps.
I mean, sure. But let’s be honest - people are saying 6 straight years moreso because of how it sounds. There’s four of the same players and three of them were babies.

Shanahan will have to do something if they don’t get out of the first round and they’ll likely need to go deeper than that too.

Otherwise Shanny is being ineffective as well.

i hope you’re right but I don’t think it will be an old schooler; just someone who has a different approach to analytics.
Sure hockey has a lot of Neanderthals but analytics aren’t going anywhere; they’re just going to get better.

I remind you that the two organizations that hold majority ownership of the Leafs are Rogers and Bell.

Not exactly the two most progressive and forward-thinking of organizations.

I remind you that the two organizations that hold majority ownership of the Leafs are Rogers and Bell.

A good gauge for how they, and most of the league, thinks is the general media/fan consensus. And they are all very skeptical on the Dubas data driven approach. If they axe Dubas they will go a different direction. Because that's what they do; it's how they think.

If I see "fuck rogers and bell" that gets an auto thumbs up....but....

Modern corps live and die with their KPI's. Selling them analytics as being a method that they can assess the shape of the team aside from simple wins/losses and balance sheet, would probably not be difficult.

Good we didn’t offer an extension. He’s done nothing to improve this team this offseason. Year after year playoff pumpkins.

Should’ve fixed the goaltending years ago. Clear as day it’s a weakness in his talent evaluations.

Yeah, I’m sure they’d love to win but they’re in the sweet spot of elite players on a consistent playoff team, doubt they’re in a hurry to upset that apple cart

See what happens should Leafs lose in first again. See if Shanny renews Dubas because historically speaking he would be sticking his neck out for Dubas.

Never claimed Shanny is trouble, once again making stuff up. I said he’ll need to do something or be on the hook himself.

Shanny badly does not want to have to fire Dubas. He would if he truly feels its in the best interest in the team, but he won't cave to public, or board pressure. Its Brendan fucking Shanahan, not some twirp exec like Dubas.

Back