• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Yeah, I'm familiar with the laws for transporting firearms. I've target shot, hunted, & reloaded ammo most of my life (responsibly, legally, & safely). I was just wondering about how many non permitted or stolen handguns are out there that those who now carry them don't care one bit about what the rule of law says? There's more out there than you'd think too. It's tragic to consider how many more handguns will now become available to individuals who shouldn't possess them in the first place. Those individuals aren't looking to shoot targets with 'em either. Hell, just watch the news one night if you want proof of what I'm saying.

Jim

You know what else passed, overriding the governor’s veto— the requirement to have a permit to purchase a pistol. I am full of opinions and thoughts on this…
That's awesome ... please express all of those opinions and thoughts in a forum where such things are commonly discussed. No judgement. I'd love to discuss this with you, just not here ... in a hockey forum.

Saw this sad news this morning locally on Five Hole Sports! 18 year run is pretty special…sad to see them go.

Attachments

• 5F6FE171-AB89-4275-B17C-7CEBC498002E.png
    5F6FE171-AB89-4275-B17C-7CEBC498002E.png
    882.5 KB · Views: 12
Saw this sad news this morning locally on Five Hole Sports! 18 year run is pretty special…sad to see them go.
Wow...I literally had my skates sharpened at the Wake Forest location on Saturday.

This is going to create a huge hole for the local hockey community.

Someone on twitter said that Five Hole got acquired by Pure Hockey
Yeah I just went in today to get my skates sharpened and apparently Andrew the owner said they were bought out by another company who plans to keep it all opened after some restructuring and changes. Glad the area did not simply lose the products and services they have provided for 18 years!

Yeah I just went in today to get my skates sharpened and apparently Andrew the owner said they were bought out by another company who plans to keep it all opened after some restructuring and changes. Glad the area did not simply lose the products and services they have provided for 18 years!
Is there anything that Andrew didn’t do for the local hockey community? Years ago, he coached a few Jr. Hurricanes teams too.

I knew andrew for many years and he provided low cost entry level equipment for learn to play and I’m pretty sure kicked in capital city crew.
I taught his son to skate and play many years ago also.

Wow...I literally had my skates sharpened at the Wake Forest location on Saturday.

This is going to create a huge hole for the local hockey community.

Well, if the TV commercials are to be believed, Lane DDS sharpens skates

For all you foodies out there... the former Crowley's Edwards Mill, then Edwards Mill Bar & Grill, then some short-lived Mexican food place, has FINALLY reopened as The Mill, operated by the Urban Food Group, who had Porter's and Frazier's on Hillsborough, and currently Vivace in North Hills, among others. We went there tonight and the makeover is very impressive. The bar area is the same space but significantly upgraded in decor and the restaurant is completely revamped and greatly improved. The menu at this point is a bit limited which is a reflection on sensible launch management, but what we had was excellent. Given the ownership group it's pricier than its predecessors, but within reason (IMO). They also upgraded the patio for outdoor dining, on spectacular evenings like tonight. I think Jeff O'Neill would find it acceptable, given the amount of time he spent there. (Not that anyone on this board cares about his opinion any more.)

For all you foodies out there... the former Crowley's Edwards Mill, then Edwards Mill Bar & Grill, then some short-lived Mexican food place, has FINALLY reopened as The Mill, operated by the Urban Food Group, who had Porter's and Frazier's on Hillsborough, and currently Vivace in North Hills, among others. We went there tonight and the makeover is very impressive. The bar area is the same space but significantly upgraded in decor and the restaurant is completely revamped and greatly improved. The menu at this point is a bit limited which is a reflection on sensible launch management, but what we had was excellent. Given the ownership group it's pricier than its predecessors, but within reason (IMO). They also upgraded the patio for outdoor dining, on spectacular evenings like tonight. I think Jeff O'Neill would find it acceptable, given the amount of time he spent there. (Not that anyone on this board cares about his opinion any more.)
I’ve been looking longingly at the dumpster that seemed to be a permanent fixture in the parking lot. We’ve been pre-gaming at Buffalo Brothers on days it’s too cold to tailgate, it’s great to have a new option.

If you’re ever in Wilmington, Brasserie du Soleil is good stuff. A bigger menu than Coquette in North Hills, a little more upscale than a bistro.

I’ve been looking longingly at the dumpster that seemed to be a permanent fixture in the parking lot. We’ve been pre-gaming at Buffalo Brothers on days it’s too cold to tailgate, it’s great to have a new option.

If you’re ever in Wilmington, Brasserie du Soleil is good stuff. A bigger menu than Coquette in North Hills, a little more upscale than a bistro.
If the brasserie is the one I’m thinking of, it’s almost Directly across the street from landfill. Been there many times. And it’s very good.

If you live in Cary or want to leave North Raleigh without feeling like you've left North Raleigh, check out the nice new things opening in downtown Cary. Di Fara Pizza, Hank's, Scratch, Pizzeria Faulisi, Pro's Epicurean, Crosstown Pub, plus the old standbys like Taipei 101, Academy Street Bistro, Bosphorus, and Kabashish Cafe. Plus several breweries and other drinking establishments. The renovated downtown movie theater shows a lot of indy and classic stuff. Just don't mind the high rise construction that will be going on for the next 5 or so years.

If the brasserie is the one I’m thinking of, it’s almost Directly across the street from landfill. Been there many times. And it’s very good.
I don’t think this is the one. It’s across the street from a development called Landfall, but it’s less than a mile from the bridge into Wrightsville.

If you live in Cary or want to leave North Raleigh without feeling like you've left North Raleigh, check out the nice new things opening in downtown Cary. Di Fara Pizza, Hank's, Scratch, Pizzeria Faulisi, Pro's Epicurean, Crosstown Pub, plus the old standbys like Taipei 101, Academy Street Bistro, Bosphorus, and Kabashish Cafe. Plus several breweries and other drinking establishments. The renovated downtown movie theater shows a lot of indy and classic stuff. Just don't mind the high rise construction that will be going on for the next 5 or so years.
Academy Street Bistro was a favorite but we haven’t been there since the original owner sold several years ago. But if it’s still good, we’d go back.

Same one - landfall is called landfill
Last time we were there, the waiter asked us if we knew who owned them. So I answered and told him we loved Vivace and Coquette and Chow was about 2 miles from our house. Got primo service the rest of the night and he walked out with a primo tip.

Back