• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Chalk this up to a winning streak, but the Canes social media and marketing teams have been on a tear since Dundon bought the team, beefed up the staff and unleashed the hounds.

Yeah, I'm not sure it's just down to the winning. They may annoy some people, but the Canes social media crew are active, engaging and just ever-present. Winning surely doesn't hurt though. Without that foundation, they'd be a LOT more annoying.

Yeah, I'm not sure it's just down to the winning. They may annoy some people, but the Canes social media crew are active, engaging and just ever-present. Winning surely doesn't hurt though. Without that foundation, they'd be a LOT more annoying.
I think the spike is due to winning. But their normal engagement is because they’re so freaking good at what they’re doing.

Yeah, that's putting it mildly. That show can rot in a dumpster behind an abandoned K Mart ... but I will listen when they interview someone of local interest.
Are there any other types of K Mart these days?

I kind of miss K Mart. I rarely ever actually went in one, but they were always there in the background. Same for Roses. I know there's a few left, but it's not the same.

I kind of miss K Mart. I rarely ever actually went in one, but they were always there in the background. Same for Roses. I know there's a few left, but it's not the same.

I believe that the Cary location of Rose's is still in existence. Better visit soon, though, because that whole area is about to be replaced by some huge indoor athletic facility. This means that the license plate DMV will be moving as will the comic book store and Baker's Dozen donut shop (best donuts in the area). The awesome cafeteria that was over there already closed and I will never stop being sad about that.

Roses always has a special place for me. I grew up in Hendersonville and Roses was THE main store for many years. Belks eventually came to town but as a kid Roses was toy central, especially at Christmas.

I always thought Roses’s was a low rent KMart. But the store at Stonehenge in North Raleigh was convenient when I needed something in the corporate apartment I was staying in right behind that plaza. And I picked up a Barbie Dream House for my girls for cheap when the store closed. Unfortunately, it sat in a hot garage over the summer and a lot of pieces warped.

Question. I am putting this here because it’s canes games related.

I know someone else here is using Directtv stream I can’t remember who but anyway…. Todays game did not record even though I have the canes on auto record. I went and checked the dates for the next 3 games and none of them are showing up on Ballys, or anywhere. Are you having the same issues? Not sure what the heck is going on but all of a sudden I am not getting any hurricanes games on my guide or in my upcoming recordings. Thanks

I know someone else here is using Directtv stream I can’t remember who but anyway…. Todays game did not record even though I have the canes on auto record. I went and checked the dates for the next 3 games and none of them are showing up on Ballys, or anywhere. Are you having the same issues? Not sure what the heck is going on but all of a sudden I am not getting any hurricanes games on my guide or in my upcoming recordings. Thanks
I can't speak for DirecTV, but there was an issue with the Bally schedule on Spectrum as well. The Spectrum channel guide listed "World Poker Tour" as airing when Bally was actually carrying the Canes game.

I use the Twitter app on my iPad. I get the latest tweets on the left side of the screen and What’s Happening/Trending on the right. Paul Maurice has been trending all night on my feed. Reading the tweets brings me back to the bad old days but gives me a chuckle, seeing the Panthers fans go through the same stages of grief we did all those years.

There's a Rose's at North Duke Mall @ Horton Rd. & Duke Street if your travels carry you that way. It's safe for the most part...Somebody was shot at the bus stop by the Cookout on Roxboro St. side in the summer, but that's at least 200 yards away...all the way on the other side of the building. The Wells Fargo hasn't been robbed yet to my knowledge. There's also a Dollar Tree at the southwest corner of North Duke Mall and an El Rodeo on the south side if you're up for cheap & greasy at the same time. Pretty sure the African World of Braids is still on the east side. So, you're welcome.

Jim

It's me and I had the same issue. For some reason I noticed it beforehand and recorded whatever crapola they had on the schedule instead of hockey. This happened over the holidays last year too. I don't think they're fully staffed so junk like this slips through the cracks.

Back