• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

How long will it take Max to create on-ice chemistry with the rest of the team? It's going to be a bit messy for a few games, at least, right?
It is not my intention to come across as a Debbie Downer. Having Patches in the day to day lineup will eventually be a huge net gain. I'm just wondering out loud how long it will take for him and his teammates to get some real chemistry going on ice.

It is not my intention to come across as a Debbie Downer. Having Patches in the day to day lineup will eventually be a huge net gain. I'm just wondering out loud how long it will take for him and his teammates to get some real chemistry going on ice.
Patches was in Montreal forever and I remember concerns about him fitting in for Vegas when he got traded there. I looked and his numbers improved in Vegas over his last season in Montreal, and he followed up a decent regular season with a strong playoff showing. He didn't really get rolling until the following season in Vegas, but he's not a complicated player. He shouldn't have any issues finding a role here.

Max has a nose for the net and is a legit sniper...the Canes have been needing that type of goal production forever in terms of a pure goal scorer. I am excited the most to see what that Canes PP can look like with a healthy Pacioretty on the first PP unit firing darts at the net!

Besides being highly overrated (My opinion), what's wrong with Aho? Is he in effective since Turbo has gone awol? I don't think he's ever been THE guy to carry a team. That's still Staal in Carolina. But something is obviously not right with Ahos game.

Besides being highly overrated (My opinion), what's wrong with Aho? Is he in effective since Turbo has gone awol? I don't think he's ever been THE guy to carry a team. That's still Staal in Carolina. But something is obviously not right with Ahos game.
I'll say this one more time and move on. A big part of Aho's game is his wheels and he obviously spent several weeks out of the roster with an injury that directly impacted his skating. It's not a huge leap to assume that whatever that was still has him at less than 100% as it's really, really obvious that he's lost some zip ... ya know, like you would if you're playing through a knee or ankle injury.

Now, do with that info what you will. I'm more than weary of all the stuff that gets heaped on players when they're not as productive playing with injuries as they are when they're healthy. As for carrying a team - any team that is on such a knife's edge that they tip over when one dude has a rough couple of weeks is what is known in the industry as a bad team. This is not a bad team.

I agree. He’s overrated and his game is off. I will add he seems slow since returning from the injury and borderline ineffective. Hopefully he’ll be back to his usual level soon as he continues to recover.

Sadly the Canes FO in regards to injuries is NOT known to be accurate.
Brindy's generally giving out accurate but very vague info ... and he's pretty much the only one we hear from. Waddell talks about injuries as little as humanly possible. Again, wouldn't be nice to have a beat writer to dig in to this stuff a little bit? Chip's not even full time now and Corey only does features.

Brindy's generally giving out accurate but very vague info ... and he's pretty much the only one we hear from. Waddell talks about injuries as little as humanly possible. Again, wouldn't be nice to have a beat writer to dig in to this stuff a little bit? Chip's not even full time now and Corey only does features.
The Athletic has really disappointed on Canes coverage this year...second best team in hockey and you might get one Canes article a week from Corey...two if you are really lucky, that's just flat out unacceptable. I get the fact that Civ moved on but at least get some almost every day coverage during the hockey season.

The Athletic has really disappointed on Canes coverage this year...second best team in hockey and you might get one Canes article a week from Corey...two if you are really lucky, that's just flat out unacceptable. I get the fact that Civ moved on but at least get some almost every day coverage during the hockey season.
I didn’t renew. Largely because of that.

I mean, that's what they hired Corey to do. He's not under-delivering and his articles have been good for the most part. They do badly miss having a proper beat writer, but they don't seem to really have that for a lot of markets since the NYT purchase. If you buy a sub just for Canes coverage, then yeah ... bailing makes sense. I get it for a lot more than that, so I'm still fine with the cost.

Back