• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

I use the Twitter app on my iPad. I get the latest tweets on the left side of the screen and What’s Happening/Trending on the right. Paul Maurice has been trending all night on my feed. Reading the tweets brings me back to the bad old days but gives me a chuckle, seeing the Panthers fans go through the same stages of grief we did all those years.
Cry me a freaking river, Panthers fans. We had that guy for 7 freaking seasons followed by 4 more. They've barely had him for 3 months.

I remember noting the Bally Sports schedule issue (still saying Poker -- which given the channel name sponsor must be the default programming 24/7) in a game thread a few weeks ago, noting it was the first time I'd seen it this year on Spectrum / Bally. Seems it's getting worse and/or they're just slow updating the upcoming games because everyone's on year-end PTO. Definitely annoying if you've counted on scheduling recordings.

Cry me a freaking river, Panthers fans. We had that guy for 7 freaking seasons followed by 4 more. They've barely had him for 3 months.
Hell, you said it in the Panthers game day thread. He is who he always was, incapable of changing or adapting and uniquely unsuitable to coaching the Panthers roster. Panthers fans who expected something different surely weren’t paying attention all those years they and the Canes were in the same division and didn’t pay attention to the last few years in the Peg. What’s funnier is that some of them are calling Mo the worst Panthers coach since Tom Rowe, either forgetting or unaware of who gave him his first NHL assistant job and which organization gave him his coaching start, and who the head coach of the NHL parent was.

Hell, you said it in the Panthers game day thread. He is who he always was, incapable of changing or adapting and uniquely unsuitable to coaching the Panthers roster. Panthers fans who expected something different surely weren’t paying attention all those years they and the Canes were in the same division and didn’t pay attention to the last few years in the Peg. What’s funnier is that some of them are calling Mo the worst Panthers coach since Tom Rowe, either forgetting or unaware of who gave him his first NHL assistant job and which organization gave him his coaching start, and who the head coach of the NHL parent was.
Oh, don't get me wrong. He never should have been considered for that job and they should fire him ASAP. But I don't want to hear whinging from "long suffering" Panthers fans.

I remember noting the Bally Sports schedule issue (still saying Poker -- which given the channel name sponsor must be the default programming 24/7) in a game thread a few weeks ago, noting it was the first time I'd seen it this year on Spectrum / Bally. Seems it's getting worse and/or they're just slow updating the upcoming games because everyone's on year-end PTO. Definitely annoying if you've counted on scheduling recordings.
I just remember it being a problem during the holidays. IIRC it sorted itself out after a week or so. But keep an eye on it. They're struggling and have surely cut personnel to the bone by now

The Canes coaching staff is the NHL Coaches Association Staff of the Month for December. Who knew that existed?

I honestly didn't know they had collective representation, much less an award.
I don't think they do...it's a support organization that does provide some services for hockey coaches at multiple levels. If I recall correctly, Scotty Bowman founded it.

Erik Cole was a guest on the latest episide of Spittin Chicklets and his interview is an awesome listen for any Canes fan...

If you're like me and not a big Spittin Chiclets fan, you can skip to the one-hour, 32-minute mark for the interview.
OMG, Colesy could have gone on and one for hours. Well worth the listen.

Sorta been out of the loop lately in a place where internet (and power) aren't exactly a sure thing. So, I'm taking advantage of both & feeling spoiled. Wondering what the status of Max Pacioretty is these days? I read here where Jack Drury was sent back town to presumably make room for Patches. I'm looking (a bit too) forward to the additional scoring threat mixed in to this roster. Anybody got any inside info on when he might wear the Sightless Eye for real? Thanks.

Jim

Yeah, before the Metro NY road trip, they talked about getting him back in the next 10 games. 10 games from then would be the last week in January ... so sometime before then.

Noesen not at practice, Pacioretty is in his spot on the 4th line. We’ll see what that means tomorrow, although I still think Pacioretty ends up in Chicago this weekend before he plays for the Canes.

The Canes put Cavan Fitzgerald on waivers. He was on season opening IR but he’s probably cleared to play now, so the Canes have to waive him to send him to Chicago.

How long will it take Max to create on-ice chemistry with the rest of the team? It's going to be a bit messy for a few games, at least, right?

How long will it take Max to create on-ice chemistry with the rest of the team? It's going to be a bit messy for a few games, at least, right?
Possibly. But not like he'll be taking many shots away from others (thinking PP)
But getting the feel for his positioning yeah

Back