• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

I mean, take a look at their results from mid-February to mid-April last season and tell me what you see. Because I saw pretty much what they've been doing thus far this season.
Especially the so called Power Play. I see zero improvement in it this year. If it was not functioning 4-5 months ago, how did it not get fixed since then?

Jim

not sure why his injury/timeline for return is always so shrouded in secrecy.

It's not specific to Andersen, at least not now that he's on the Hurricanes. They're vague about every injury that doesn't require surgery, and vague about those up until the surgery happens.

I'd rather see the team win in May/June rather than October/November. But...you know...the first half of this sentiment is truly key to the whole plan.
I dunno. You definitely don't want to do what St Louis, Minnesota, Pittsburgh and Calgary have done early on. All teams with playoff aspirations if not more and they're all hanging around the bottom of their divisions. Carolina on the other hand is not. They're sitting 2nd in a tough division and are in perfectly decent shape moving forward if they can open the offensive taps a bit. That's why I'm having such a hard time processing the angst.

Per Walt Ruff, Teravainen is not travelling with the team to Colorado for tomorrow’s game. He also tweeted that Andersen was placed on IR retroactive to November 6.

Oof. Poor Turbo, right when it looked like he regained his form, this happens. What do we think happened? Did anyone see what could've happened? Concussion? I hope not as that dude went through at a few seasons ago.

Oof. Poor Turbo, right when it looked like he regained his form, this happens. What do we think happened? Did anyone see what could've happened? Concussion? I hope not as that dude went through at a few seasons ago.
I'm surprised Tryamw didn't tell you 'upper body concern" like he did me! ;)

For those of you looking for cheap upper level seats for the game on the 23rd against the Coyotes, you can get them for $25 through the Canes' Tickets For Turkeys program...

www.TurkeyCanes.com/2022

If you buy four tickets, the Canes donate a Thanksgiving turkey to a family in need. Use the promo code CASSIE to take advantage of this offer.

Also, before I decide to exchange or sell them, if anyone on this board wants my two seats in 127 and a premier parking pass for the same game, I will sell them at cost ($175). Send me a PM if you're interested.

So, can we talk about the STM boxes this season?!

I picked up mine at last night's game and I am very impressed! A pin, a patch, and a pair of coasters bearing the 25th anniversary logo are in there, and it's topped off with a 25th anniversary scarf. First class stuff from the organization, IMHO.

Not sure. He got tangled up in one of those board scrums a shift or two before I started to notice he wasn't around. I didn't see him go off in discomfort or anything. Usually that means wrist or shoulder joint stuff.

So, can we talk about the STM boxes this season?!

I picked up mine at last night's game and I am very impressed! A pin, a patch, and a pair of coasters bearing the 25th anniversary logo are in there, and it's topped off with a 25th anniversary scarf. First class stuff from the organization, IMHO.
My wife absconded with the scarf before I ever got a good look at the thing but otherwise the contents are pretty sharp.

LaJoie is a perfectly sevicable 3rd pairing LD, and he's spent a fair amount of time partnering Chatfield in Chicago in the past. They should be fine, so long as they resist the temptation to try to wedge Coghlan into a weak side role again.

What a goofy schedule. They play in Denver & Chicago. Then come home for one game, then go to Minnesota & Winnipeg!
After two years of trying to restrict/limit travel exposure, the NHL schedule monkey was unleashed this year. Take a look at some of the Western Conference schedules if you're bored and looking for a chuckle.

Got an email indicating that you can order the Canes reverse retro jerseys now, so look for them to be in the Eye Store for the next home game on Thursday, or possibly the next one. That's the Wednesday of Thanksgiving week, I think.

Back