• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

Aaron Dell is playing for Canada in the Spengler Cup with Ronda from 12/27 - 31 in Switzerland. The Canes knew about it before they signed him to the PTO.

Canes practiced this morning before hopping on the plane to New York. Per Walt Ruff, Fast was not on the ice so Lemieux stepped into that spot.

Svechnikov - Aho - Teravainen
Noesen - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Jarvis
Bunting - Drury - Lemieux

Best not to push it. If Fast stays home for this trip he'll have until they get on the plane for DC on Thursday to get sorted. If he's not ready for that two game set then the Canes are off until the 11th. Better safe than sorry this time of the year.

The Canes practiced this morning before jumping on the plane to DC. No Fast. Noesen wasn’t feeling well so he missed, Necas left early after being crunched by Orlov, but appeared OK in the locker room after practice.

Habs center Christian Dvorak will miss the rest of the season with a torn pectoral muscle. That leaves them thin down the middle. Someone on Twitter floated the idea of reuniting the Suzuki brothers in exchange for one of the 3 goalies they’re carrying. I’m sure they’d like to move Jake Allen and his $3.85 million cap hit, but is Suzuki and maybe a pick enough? Or does Waddell roll the dice with Kochetkov and Raanta until Andersen can come back? While the 12/18 news posting stated he could resume skating within a week, it’s been radio silence if he has, now more than 2 weeks past that post. If they were targeting a post-ASG return, if it’s going to be sooner rather than later, he needs to start skating pretty soon.

Or does Waddell roll the dice with Kochetkov and Raanta until Andersen can come back?
I honestly hope not. I don't trust Raanta AT ALL, don't trust Kochetkov to stay with this recent run of form and don't trust whatever medical miracle they're expecting for Freddie. Maybe I'm being a Negative Nellie, but I've got a bad feeling about going that route. And yes, literally anybody other than Raanta would make me feel better about things, even if only marginally.

If all it takes is Suzuki, who is a guy that's highly unlikely ever to play a meaningful role for the Hurricanes, and a pick then I'd pull that trigger in less than a heartbeat. Obviously not a ridiculous pick, though. Not for freaking Jake Allen.

I turned the TV on at 6:50, flipped over to 318 and assumed maybe it must have been on national TV. Checked the schedule, and I'm a day early.

My entire family was surprised we didn't play tonight...it just feels like the next game should have been tonight.

With Dundon’s stated desire to turn jerseys into NASCAR fire suits, I’m surprised it took this long.
He also said he didn't want to give that jersey real estate away cheaply. He held out for what he thought was market value. Nucor sucks, BTW. Can't count how many times I got screwed over by them back in my construction days.

Back