• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

Adam Gold is continuing to harp on Elias Lindholm as a possible Cane acquisition and suggests he would like to play for RBA. I agree that he would be the perfect center to fit the Canes' needs, but what do you think it would it cost to get him? KK/Orlov with a side of TDA thrown in?

With Kochetkov on IR, the Canes don't have to make a roster move to add Martin. However I expect the Canes will send Perets down once Martin is settled (possibly tomorrow).

With Kochetkov on IR, the Canes don't have to make a roster move to add Martin. However I expect the Canes will send Perets down once Martin is settled (possibly tomorrow).
They sent him down this morning.

Martin will wear #41.

Scheduled games on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday coming up. You could argue that Martin could easily see 2 starts between now and this time next week. 1 is a stone cold lock.

Something to keep our eyes on tomorrow. Svech didn’t practice today, RBA said he wasn’t feeling 100%. But Kochetkov worked with the team for about half of the practice. Still no timetable for his return but positive steps.

Scheduled games on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday coming up. You could argue that Martin could easily see 2 starts between now and this time next week. 1 is a stone cold lock.
He’s played Boston 3 times this season, allowing 9 goals on 88 shots, a .897 save%

Has anyone had problems with the Hurricanes mobile app lately? I'm having to sign in every day or so, which isn't the end of times, but it is annoying.

Has anyone had problems with the Hurricanes mobile app lately? I'm having to sign in every day or so, which isn't the end of times, but it is annoying.
Mine's been dodgy the last couple of days as well. No forced restarts, but it hasn't wanted to load my tickets.

All my tickets are there but I did have to reload the app after I bought the Jarvis bobbleheads. It hadn’t updated since early November.

Lol ... describing Binnington as a "player with a proven playoff pedigree" is overlooking a LOT of other stuff that he's proven. Like that he's unstable and erratic. Still, he'd be an upgrade over the current goalie tandem even if he is a full serving of nuts. I don't see Carolina dealing a center though.

Binnington has a full No Trade this season and Buchnevich has a partial (12 team no trade list). Binnington also has 3 more years at $6 million AAV and big salaries ($7.5 million this season and next, $6.5 million after that and $4.5 million after that). Buchnevich has one more year left on his contract after this one ($5.8 million cap hit).

Fun to muse about, but I don't see it from the Blues perspective. Seems like they would be giving up too much for a 3rd line center, a top 9 winger, and a lesser 1st round pick. I also don't really trust Binnington to actually be good. If we are grabbing a big money goalie via a trade I would much rather have John Gibson. Buchnevich though would be a great addition.

Oh, yeah ... Buchnevich would be a great fit up front. Binnington would be a problem in a variety of ways and nobody would even think twice about that if the goalie situation wasn't a shambles. It would be a long term gamble for a short term solution ... which is 100% not the way Carolina normally does business.

Svech skated before practice but not with the full group. I wonder if the collision with Aho in the Red Wings game caused the damage? Hes not traveling to Boston. RBA says Martin is possible to start tonight or Thursday.

Bunting - Aho - Teravainen
Noesen - Drury - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Jarvis
Lemieux - Kotkaniemi - Fast

This is the mom’s trip. Here is a picture of the Finns (and Jarvis) with their mothers.

View: https://x.com/ryanhenkel_/status/1749840479720489137?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

No Svech for Boston, and Martin probably between the pipes.
I guess I should level set my expectations for seeing them in person lower than I had...

Back