• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Large ice is a major problem for two main reasons:

1- Discourages offense. Much more difficult to score.
2- Physical play is all but non-existent because it's a lot easier to get out of position and it's much better to keep them far away from the net by staying in your position.

Large ice is a major problem for two main reasons:

1- Discourages offense. Much more difficult to score.
2- Physical play is all but non-existent because it's a lot easier to get out of position and it's much better to keep them far away from the net by staying in your position.

Why would it be difficult to score if Matthews and others have more room to blow by players or more room to release their wicked shots

Why would it be difficult to score if Matthews and others have more room to blow by players or more room to release their wicked shots
Because they won't blow by them. On international-sized ice surfaces, the defensemen will give them tons of space on the outside because they're not a threat there.

However, on NHL ice, you can't just leave them on the outside. You have to get near them to an extent because they're close enough to the net to take a shot or to make a pass in the slot, and that's where the d-man has to close to gap. When a d-man closes the gap, that's where a forward with burst can blow by them.

Last edited:
Guess what I read last night was wrong.

If he had intended to really hit the official, said official would have reacted immediately, probably by falling to the ice in pain after getting slashed. If you look at the replay the ref doesn't even flinch so if he got hit at all it was little more than a glancing blow.

Will be interesting if Cubbies AGM (Jeff Greenberg) gets the Hawks GM gig, he confesses to know nothing about hockey.

Will be interesting if Cubbies AGM (Jeff Greenberg) gets the Hawks GM gig, he confesses to know nothing about hockey.

it makes sense to me… I openly wanted Geoff to hire AA after he was fired by the Blue Jays

Back