• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

AA is from Montreal, I’m sure he knew something about hockey.

For sure….plus sports asset management is transferrable…. My point is that I didn’t read a single word about the possibility of AA and the Habs because the sports world (and their media mouthpieces) is still largely a conservative, risk averse industry

Thankfully, Hughes is not risk averse, as evident by his hiring of a Pee Wee coach

For sure….plus sports asset management is transferrable…. My point is that I didn’t read a single word about the possibility of AA and the Habs because the sports world (and their media mouthpieces) is still largely a conservative, risk averse industry

Thankfully, Hughes is not risk averse, as evident by his hiring of a Pee Wee coach

Totally different battle with an NHL gig for AA

An hall of famer pee wee coach.

An hall of famer pee wee coach.
HOFers have traditional floundered big time as head coaches, let alone being able to articulate an out of the box strategy

The Rocket, Gretzky, Boom Boom couldn’t for their lives articulate a strategy or coaching philosophy during their very limited careers behind the bench

Reactions: CH1

Not getting that call from the Habs was probably the best thing that ever happened to AA. He’s done oh quite well for himself since leaving the Jays.

Not getting that call from the Habs was probably the best thing that ever happened to AA. He’s done oh quite well for himself since leaving the Jays.

obvs, I was speaking of my own self interest as a fan… luckily our hell of seeing our team run by mental midgets like Bergy and Therrien has come to an end

That's just it....I give zero fucks about what Geoff says. Actions speak 1000x louder. The rest is just spin that media outlets dissect in order to get clicks.
He hired a head of hockey ops known primarily for a huge rebuild and then a coach from Bantam AAA. I think he’s accepted the longer road back in exchange for (hopefully) sustainable success.

He hired a head of hockey ops known primarily for a huge rebuild and then a coach from Bantam AAA. I think he’s accepted the longer road back in exchange for (hopefully) sustainable success.
As Godin / Basu eloquently put it:
Whether you agree with it or not, this was not exactly breaking news. General manager Kent Hughes has been consistent in his messaging that he does not foresee undergoing a traditional rebuild in Montreal, that while he doesn’t expect the Canadiens to be competitive next season, he also doesn’t intend on dragging this out longer than it needs to. He’s been clear the intention is not to have the Canadiens be a player in the Connor Bedard sweepstakes next season.
It’s become blatantly obvious the ownership consortium will not tolerate an extended rebuild - pure lip service by Jr as CH stated above

That head of hockey ops stopped the rebuild after 2-seasons…he’ll follow the same blueprint or fail trying w Habs

Last edited:

I agree with you... that's my hunch anyway...but the next 5 months will be telling

Back