• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carolina Hurricanes 2024 Summer Talk ... press the reset button?

He would thrive in Anaheim playing with other high skilled floaters who are not great defensively.

Going back to my list though, you would think there is some sort of deal there to be made with Utah or Seattle. I would think Utah would be looking to immediately try to contend for a playoff spot and would be looking to add (if you want draft capital back they have TEN 2nd round picks over the next 3 drafts). They have a massive amount of cap room as well. What they don't have are signed Dmen, not a single regular NHL Dman under contract for next season yet (calling Brett Pesce and Brady Skjei?).

I don't exactly know how Chicago is mapping out their rebuild, it might be too soon for them to look to add a top 6 forward. Seattle I would think would like to get back into the playoff mix, they were terrible offensively last season (29th in the NHL in scoring, ahead of only Chicago and SJ).

Columbus?
St. Louis?
Montreal?
Ship him off to Buffalo?

Both Utah and Seattle badly need some dazzle in their systems. And both have not just draft capital but also players who might be a good fit for the Hurricanes. I really don't see a good fit for an Eastern trade partner, but you never know.

Necas made two beautiful passes today to set up Czechia for their second and third goals vs Canada...he coughed up the puck on an overtime Czechia power play that resulted in the game winning Dylan Cozens overtime goal. When you can skate that well, the bigger ice game is certainly more favorable to a guy like Nachos.
From a recent interview with Petr Mrazek:

So you don't think the Hurricanes are giving him the right role?
"Absolutely. They run things a little differently on that team... He'll get space here and every fan will see what kind of player he is."

And 24 hours later, every fan saw him cough up a puck in OT that led to the game winner.

I like Necas, really I do, but I've been begging this team to trade him away out west where he could benefit from a different style and we can get something of value in return.

Three years ago, I was adamant that Necas should be traded. During the next 2 years I softened and was hoping his incredible talent would somehow overcome his turnover tendencies. While there has been some improvement, we still see "good Necas" and "bad Necas" at different times of the season, but we haven't seen a consistently good Necas, so it's time to try and extract some value by trading him. I'll miss his amazing zone entries and his uncanny ability to shine in regular season OT, but it's time to make hay while the sun shines.

Three years ago, I was adamant that Necas should be traded. During the next 2 years I softened and was hoping his incredible talent would somehow overcome his turnover tendencies. While there has been some improvement, we still see "good Necas" and "bad Necas" at different times of the season, but we haven't seen a consistently good Necas, so it's time to try and extract some value by trading him. I'll miss his amazing zone entries and his uncanny ability to shine in regular season OT, but it's time to make hay while the sun shines.
100% the same. I always knew he had the skill, but didn't think the fit was right. After last season I said "ok, maybe this can work" but he still does enough bone-headed stuff that I say trade him while his value is high.

I mean, it was easier to take the good with the bad when he was ringing up 71 points and threatening 30 goals in 22-23. In truth, his production was down this season and that's really disappointing considering it's a contract year when he should have been motivated to step up. It's not usage either, because there were times in that 22-23 season when he got busted to the 4th line. He's a grown ass 25 year old with tremendous gifts. Asking him to drive a line should NOT be a big ask at this point. Roddy gave him the keys to a line and got him favorable 3rd line matchups and he didn't really do anything much with it.

And there you have the good Necas and the bad Necas on display for all to see.
He giveth and he taketh away. Consistently. And look, somebody's probably going to unlock that 40 goal season that's obviously trapped inside of Necas one of these days. I don't think it's gonna be Rod that does it though, and that's fine.

He giveth and he taketh away. Consistently. And look, somebody's probably going to unlock that 40 goal season that's obviously trapped inside of Necas one of these days. I don't think it's gonna be Rod that does it though, and that's fine.
I’m still trying to pilfer through team rosters to try and find a great trading partner for a solid hockey trade for Nachos. So far, other than trying to make it a Western conference team first and foremost, I can’t find a slam dunk partner quite yet.

I’m still trying to pilfer through team rosters to try and find a great trading partner for a solid hockey trade for Nachos. So far, other than trying to make it a Western conference team first and foremost, I can’t find a slam dunk partner quite yet.
I'd suggest that you're probably being too specific. I had a friend tell me that if the Canes can't trade Necas for a 2nd line right shot center then they shouldn't bother, and ... well ... that's why my buddy isn't a GM.

I am, however, HIGHLY amused by rumor sites linking Necas to the Flyers. I can't think of a worse fit. Seriously, I've tried. Torts would have him in the press box by week two.

Perhaps New Jersey might want Necas. Sheldon Keefe has experience with players that disappear 🫠 when you need them to step up

Back