• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carolina Hurricanes 2024 Summer Talk ... press the reset button?

Couple of things on Necas ...

1. Since Carolina is not going to shift from contender immediately into tank mode, Necas would likely only be moved in a hockey trade. Yeah, maybe you take a draft pick to balance things out or whatever but they aren't dumping him for somebody's 10th pick in the draft or whatever. So, filter rumor sites accordingly.

2. Being that they'll want quality in return, it's fair to look at Carolina's areas of NHL need but keep in mind that those are broader than you might think. Yeah, they need a 2C ... but potentially a proper starting goaltender, and absolutely a top 6 winger as well. And maybe a LD depending on how some other things pan out.

3. This is NOT a damaged goods, scratch and dent move ... this would be a move to improve fit. Again, quality out/quality in.

Last edited:
Well, that’s one way to stop the Tulsky rumors every offseason. Hate to lose DW but it was bound to happen sooner rather than later I suppose.

This is not a new process for the Canes. Waddell and Tulsky have both interviewed when their contracts were coming to an end and then re-upped with the Canes. Dundon encourages this we were told then.

Maybe Donnie Waddle decides to go this time (to probably an easier place to be GM), but the fact that he is interviewing shouldn't be any sort of shock, this is Canes front office BAU.

Waddell has done yeoman's work for this franchise, so if he does end up somewhere else then you tip your cap and move on. Again, this is exactly how things went down the last time his contract came up, so ... we'll see. With the renovations coming up, I'd like to see them at least think about bumping Donny back up to President and letting somebody else mess with managing the hockey side. But hey ... whatever. Dundon always seems to figure this crap out.

Would love to see Don stay on as GM, as I think he has done a fine job and has a great reputation within the league as one you can do business with, but change is inevitable and who knows what opportunities may come as a result.

Well, if they don't promote Tulsky this time, he will surely be gone. We'll see where we go from here, but the foundation in the organization is strong so I am optimistic

Well, if they don't promote Tulsky this time, he will surely be gone. We'll see where we go from here, but the foundation in the organization is strong so I am optimistic
It absolutely wouldn’t shock me if Waddell took Darren Yorke with him. That would put him in line to succeed Waddell when he finally retires.

If I had to guess ... always dangerous with Dundon ... he'll probably just elevate Tulsky and then find someone else to handle the business side of the job. As for Yorke, he's going to be hard pressed to find another NHL placement that offers him the level of influence and input he'd get if he stayed with the Canes. That said, he can almost certainly make more money somewhere else, so ... we'll see.

Dundon was press fodder after his last GM search, not wanting to pay a going rate and then his unorthodox manner of ownership. Waddell turned out to be great for this franchise— really brought the team into the 21st century after JR and RF. I will be interested in how this GM search is conducted

Dundon was press fodder after his last GM search, not wanting to pay a going rate and then his unorthodox manner of ownership. Waddell turned out to be great for this franchise— really brought the team into the 21st century after JR and RF. I will be interested in how this GM search is conducted
I mean, if he just ends up promoting a guy they've been grooming to be a GM for the last 5 years will you have a problem with that?

Last edited:
Yeah, just checking.

I feel like a lot of the fan base is primed to complain about basically anything that happens next.

Yeah, just checking.

I feel like a lot of the fan base is primed to complain about basically anything that happens next.

If the Canes won the cup by sweeping every series next year, including the finals, that lot would complain about that one time they got stale popcorn at the arena. If they are breathing, they are whining. I give absolutely zero f**** about them

If the Canes won the cup by sweeping every series next year, including the finals, that lot would complain about that one time they got stale popcorn at the arena. If they are breathing, they are whining. I give absolutely zero f**** about them
Don't underestimate the lasting impact stale popcorn can have on one's psyche.

Back