• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Our forward group is decent, especially if Dach and Monahan improve from last yr, which we should all be rooting for as their increased value will help the rebuld

I'm still eyeing a great pick because our D is trash -- since last year we lost Petry, Chiarot and Romanov and added Matheson -- now our #1.

Do we even have a credible top 4?

plus our goalie tandem of Allen and Montembault is tank friendly.

You expecting a 35 game Covid season
Habs started last season something like 19 of a possible 68 available points w NHL historical record for man games lost… will not happen again based on probability.

This is slightly below a playoff bubble team.

Last edited:
Our forward group is decent, especially if Dach and Monahan improve from last yr, which we should all be rooting for as their increased value will help the rebuld

I'm still eyeing a great pick because our D is trash -- since last year we lost Petry, Chiarot and Romanov and added Matheson -- now our #1.

Do we even have a credible top 4?

plus our goalie tandem of Allen and Montembault is tank friendly.
Yeah, if only forwards mattered, we’d be fighting for a playoff spot. But we have a bottom 5 defense and goalies corps.

Which is fine too.

Yeah, if only forwards mattered, we’d be fighting for a playoff spot. But we have a bottom 5 defense and goalies corps.

Which is fine too.

Ideally 3 things happen

Increased development with Nick and Cole with good contributions from a few like Slaf, Barron , Guhle ...etc

Good seasons from some expiring vet contracts to be used as trade bait for asset accumulation

Just enough improvement but still weak enough to land a top 5 pick

Richard, Orr, Esposito, Clarke, Lafleur, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby and Price. Those are your hockey player Lou Marsh award winners. All retired jerseys except Crosby (a guarantee) and Price.

He was the best goalie, hockey player, athlete in Canada.

Get his number up there.

The only problem with Price in terms of legacy, is there there were too may inconsistencies. Maybe that can be attributed to battling injuries, maybe to playing on below-average teams for the majority of his career, but he had a two year stretch where he was the best goalie on the planet along with one of the greatest single seasons by a player in NHL history, but he had a bunch of times where he just wasn't up to snuff.

Richard, Orr, Esposito, Clarke, Lafleur, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby and Price. Those are your hockey player Lou Marsh award winners. All retired jerseys except Crosby (a guarantee) and Price.

He was the best goalie, hockey player, athlete in Canada.

Get his number up there.
Horse hockey.

The only problem with Price in terms of legacy, is there there were too may inconsistencies. Maybe that can be attributed to battling injuries, maybe to playing on below-average teams for the majority of his career, but he had a two year stretch where he was the best goalie on the planet along with one of the greatest single seasons by a player in NHL history, but he had a bunch of times where he just wasn't up to snuff.
I like Price but retired 31? Not for a long time, if ever. Bouchard took how long?

I like Price but retired 31? Not for a long time, if ever. Bouchard took how long?
Bouchard only got his number retired because Molson bought the team. If he never bought the team, he never would have gotten it retired.

Bouchard only got his number retired because Molson bought the team. If he never bought the team, he never would have gotten it retired.
I don't believe it should be retired as you need a cup in Montreal to get that honour. However I saw today in his career in Montreal he only had one 80 point player Kovalev, and that was in 2008 in his rookie season. He was the star

Back