• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Lehkonen traded to Avs

Lehky is a great fit for the Avs. A middle 6 kid who the coach is going to love. They don't need a lot over offensive contribution from him... but in that lineup I'm sure he'll score a bit more too. Plus he's super cheap and an RFA so that's a bonus for them.

I love the deal for us, but I don't think it was a bad move for the Avs at all.

Hope Lek gets a ring this year

As long as Bawstun, Carolina & Vancouver lose, I just hope for entertaining hockey.

I also root for Marco Scandella, but I don't believe in the Blues.

Absolutely not. If you can trade a deluxe role player for a likely top four, if not higher, d-man for the next 15 years, you do it, Cup contender or not. Sakic must be under crazy pressure from Stan Kroenke to win the Cup because the trade is illogical from almost every perspective.

P.S. The legend of Arturi grew a lot due to his iconic goal last spring, don’t deny it. And trust me, I like him . . . but still.
I think so too, like Stevie Y who consistently failed to properly address grit & character w TBay, needing Brisebois to come on board to get it done, Sakic looks to have the same weakness as GM

G and lack of team defensive awareness will spell an early exit for Avs … again. Cgy & STL will crush them easily to oblivion

Last edited:
Trade him meow.

giphy.gif

I think so too, like Stevie Y who consistently failed to properly address grit & character w TBay, needing Brisebois to come on board to get it done, Sakic looks to have the same weakness as GM

G and lack of team defensive awareness will spell an early exit for Avs … again. Cgy & STL will crush them easily to oblivion

It was more grit and character with Tbay

They played like shit , a total team collapse . They mailed it in

Goodrow , Coleman and others are support pieces , who flourished when their stars played to their ability

It was more grit and character with Tbay

They played like shit , a total team collapse . They mailed it in

Goodrow , Coleman and others are support pieces , who flourished when their stars played to their ability
So is Lehkonen. Trading a top 4 d prospect for him seems excessive. But I’ll gladly take it.

Even if Baron only tops out as a number four defenseman, this trade becomes a home run. He's described as a mark methot clone. That would be outstanding.

Back