• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Going out and getting another LW is fine, as long as that move isn’t accompanied by moving Robertson for pennies on the dollar.

They should continue to make it clear to him that his only two choices are re-signing here, or missing even more games for a pointless holdout.

Going out and getting another LW is fine, as long as that move isn’t accompanied by moving Robertson for pennies on the dollar.

They should continue to make it clear to him that his only two choices are re-signing here, or missing even more games for a pointless holdout.
Not sure if tree is smart enough to do this, but this could just be posturing with Robertson.

package Robertson + Kampf for a good winger.

Do you really think that’s a package with any trade value?

To my mind, Kampf’s a pure cap dump with either negative or no trade value. And then Robertson’s current trade value is, at best, at a “B prospect” level after all his games missed due to injuries and healthy scratches the last few years & his current holdout & trade demand.

IMO it would be pretty strange if Robertson had no trade value. He is still being talked about as if it was last offseason. He scored at a 20 goal 40 point pace last year, with good nerdies, as a 22 year old rookie. Plus his brother is good.

Also I think Kampf is a legit center on maybe a slight overpay, and not a cap dump.

You wouldn't get Matthew Tkachuk for that, but I don't think its a valueless package.

Do you really think that’s a package with any trade value?

To my mind, Kampf’s a pure cap dump with either negative or no trade value. And then Robertson’s current trade value is, at best, at a “B prospect” level after all his games missed due to injuries and healthy scratches the last few years & his current holdout & trade demand.

Why would a 22yr old rookie who scored at a 20gl/40pt pace with no PP time with some of the best p/60 numbers in hockey have the value of a B prospect?

Why would a 22yr old rookie who scored at a 20gl/40pt pace with no PP time with some of the best p/60 numbers in hockey have the value of a B prospect?

Because I don’t think NHL GM’s are going to value those pro-rated numbers as much as they should.

Especially when weighed against all the games he’s missed and his current status as a holdout that’s demanding a trade. Just don’t think there’s any way you’ll get a fair return for him.

Which is why I favour playing hardball with him and refusing to accommodate his trade request.

Because I don’t think NHL GM’s are going to value those pro-rated numbers as much as they should.

Especially when weighed against all the games he’s missed and his current status as a holdout that’s demanding a trade. Just don’t think there’s any way you’ll get a fair return for him.

Which is why I favour playing hardball with him and refusing to accommodate his trade request.

I'd obviously keep him too. There's no urgency to trading him so i don't worry much about giving him up for peanuts. But if there's a legit good winger available then the deal could make sense.

Back