• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Lilly was just so terrible in the playoffs. Even in a sheltered bottom pair. Now that he makes $3m I don't mind losing him.

Yes there's still a chance that he blossoms but i dunno. He'll be UFA after this deal so even if he suddenly blossoms over the next two years he'll be expensive anyways.

Last playoffs I think is tough to eval as he had the injury right before the playoffs. I can’t tell if it was him folding or playing through injury.

I think he is worth seeing under a new coach before trading him. Under another coach, I think he’s capable of top 4. Might need a new city though, not just the coach. Keefe fucked his development - but he’s young enough to recover still.

I think Sharks overpaid for Askarov. I would have just forgotten about it.

I don’t think he’s a bad prospect, by any means. I just don’t see what he’s done since being drafted that justifies the “future star goalie in-waiting” hype.

And I sure as hell wouldn’t trade multiple first round picks for him.

I don’t think he’s a bad prospect, by any means. I just don’t see what he’s done since being drafted that justifies the “future star goalie in-waiting” hype.

And I sure as hell wouldn’t trade multiple first round picks for him.
I agree. He is seen as THE best goalie prospect around. not sure he's deserving of that.

5v5, Age 23-24

Toews: 15:31 (-1.4dzs%), 57.6xgf% (+5.9rel), 0.89ap/60
Liljegren: 15:42 (-2.2dzs%), 54.5xgf% (+1.1rel), 0.65ap/60
Andersson: 16:33 (+0.8dzs%), 50.5xgf% (-1.2rel), 0.56ap/60
Dunn: 15:14 (-5.2dzs%), 49.7xgf% (+0.7rel), 0.64ap/60

Toews stands out here but Lilly does compare just fine with the other two at the same age.

24-25 yrs old is very young in "Top 4 Defenceman" years. If you're a top 3-4 defender by that age, it's usually (not always, but probably) because you're on a dogshit team and someone has to play the minutes.

He's going to go and do it for someone else though now because we're fucking terrible at developing anyone who doesn't arrive at 19-20 ready for the league.

KYfk3Bw.jpeg
Lilly could still be a solid top 4 d for sure. But so could Timmins and I like what his puck moving and offensive ability brings to the third pair more. For 1/3 of the cost.

I like Benoit....I dont want to lose Lilly, but if he can be paired with someone and we get something to either push JT to 3C

That opens up so much and will make me like this line up even more.

The leafs have a history of dealing with LA. I dream of a deal for Daneult.

Question is. Would you balk if they asked for Holmberg?

Lilly, Krok, Kampf for Daneult

That might be quantity that la could use.

Knies Mathews Marner (I prefer Domi)
Mcmann/Domi Daneult Willy
Patches JT Robertson
Lorentz Holmberg Mcmann

Sure, if you can turn Lilly and stuff into a 2C, go ahead.

But that's probably not what's going to happen. Lilly is going to be traded for a 3rd and a C+ prospect as the cap dump to make room to keep Kampf & Jarnkrok because organizationally, we have no patience for actually developing young skill players.

Back