• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Why is it hard to understand that the agencies who do the same thing all over the world have turned their attention inward and used the same tactics?

Operation Mockingbird proved it is something they do.

Wait a sec are you saying that groups make collective decisions?

Wowza.

Think there are at least two streams - depends on if he resigns as prez immediately, or just drops out of the 2024 race. Either way, lotsa variables so fair enough
Why would he resign as president immediately? I don’t think that’s ever been part of this conversation.

You think the Dems wanted him to shit himself at the debate and then stir up this chaos late in the game?

I agree with your prediction that he’ll drop out, but not sure I can buy this theory. It feels like the performance woke them up, not that they were waiting on the performance to wake the rest of the world up.
yah CH1 appears to be suggesting an organized campaign, from within the Biden reelection team, to sewer their candidate. I’m not ready to go that far

Why would he resign as president immediately? I don’t think that’s ever been part of this conversation.
If its gonna be Kamala, that makes the most sense. Gives her time to build her profile as Prez. Makes her first woman or black Prez. Allows some benefits of incumbency for her campaign. Best path to her electoral success is getting to be Prez asap and building her profile

You think the Dems wanted him to shit himself at the debate and then stir up this chaos late in the game?

I agree with your prediction that he’ll drop out, but not sure I can buy this theory. It feels like the performance woke them up, not that they were waiting on the performance to wake the rest of the world up.

I’m not saying they hung Joe out to dry intentionally… most were hoping he’d kill the debate and see his poll numbers pop a bit in the days that followed.

That’s what I was hoping for! (Hopes were dashed one minute in)

The debate was held early in case Joe had a “bad night”

Consider that in 2020, the first debate was held on September 29th…. That date is a full 5 weeks after their convention and just 5 weeks before the election. Now that would be a Hail Mary pass!

If its gonna be Kamala, that makes the most sense. Gives her time to build her profile as Prez. Makes her first woman or black Prez. Allows some benefits of incumbency for her campaign. Best path to her electoral success is getting to be Prez asap and building her profile
Guaranteed L. They won’t do it.

I’m not saying they hung Joe out to dry intentionally… most were hoping he’d kill the debate and see his poll numbers pop a bit in the days that followed.

That’s what I was hoping for! (Hopes were dashed one minute in)

The debate was held early in case Joe had a “bad night”

Consider that in 2020, the first debate was held on September 29th…. That date is a full 5 weeks after their convention and just 5 weeks before the election. Now that would be a Hail Mary pass!
Interesting point.

Unclear, not sure I would assume that. Haven’t investigated the nitty gritty though
Yeah, seems too good to be true, but glad we can agree that if there's no funny business here then it's a great bill, which is what makes me hesitant to take it at face value.

Biden campaign manager already said the campaign funds can only go to Kamala.

For that reason alone, it can only be Kamala, really.

Also Obama claimed the throne of first black president.

Yeah I don't really see a path where it isn't Kamala. Which is unfortunate and yeah, the reason that this is such a tough decision. But they may have no choice.

Yeah I don't really see a path where it isn't Kamala. Which is unfortunate and yeah, the reason that this is such a tough decision. But they may have no choice.
If for some reason it has to be Kamala, I stick with Biden and let the chips fall where they may.

all depends on how cooked Joe is. pretty fair for folks to have concerns.

but also, who's gonna convince Joe he's lost it?

“I had a bad day, I was sick, I was jet lagged, and I only got back from overseas two weeks earlier. It’s perfectly understandable that I’d say that I beat the shit out of one of our key established social programs. Come on, man.”

Back