• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

10kirtzman--slide-QXJT-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

new-york-ny-new-york-city-mayor-rudolph-giuliani-consoles-anita-deblase-of-new-york-whose-son.jpg

1729796205604.png

1729796135198.png

1729796342715.png

You cite from sources that support your POV, label them the experts, and claim any opposing thoughts are not supported by experts and are biased sources. Finding ways to discredit anything posted by attacking the source. And your sources are infallible because they support what you say, thus are the experts, thus they have no bias. It's too enormous of a task to point out that what you read in media and don't instead live here in the US are two completely different realities. Operation Mockingbird is alive and well is transparent to most of us on the right.

Look, it's sad you have the time to go to the depths you do in replies. I respect it in a way. I don't have that time nor care, though, so I do partake in some fun here and don't take anything personal, usually, and don't make anything personal to you all.

So, to the insults, all I have to say is "bless your heart."
oh my goodness this is too good.

literally admitting that he doesn't have the time to get his facts straight, then accusing the rest of us of not having our facts straight. how perfectly Trumpian. too bad you're just not as good at it as the original.

I don't have that time nor care, though
All I would add is that maybe you should care, at least to understand the difference between facts, opinion, misinformation, and misunderstandings. Also at the very least consider the possibility that you might be wrong. I can't speak for other people, but I do this a lot. Certainly try to see the other side of an issue, especially when provided with some actual evidence to the contrary.

You are right to absolutely consider the source, and the media is not doing a great job right now, though not in the way that you think. One serious problem with your worldview though, is this right wing fantasy that there's no such thing as expertise, and the mainstream is a lie. This is simply not the case. The bigger problem is that so many issues contain a lot of nuance, and our current discourse is largely reduced to talking points.

And I will also add, despite many mistakes and some outlier issues, mainstream media is generally trying to represent reality. They do have fact-checking departments and will issue retractions. A huge problem with alternative news sources (both sides) is that they much more rarely do this, don't have any robust fact-checking process, don't have to answer to criticism in the same way and are often biased for partisan reasons. A huge problem that's been made much worse by social media.

you rarely present opposing ideas, you mostly present made up bullshit, and then refuse to pay any attention when folks patiently explain why and how it's bullshit.

We're being fooled by the CIA about *checks notes* everything he doesn't like in the world, and he isn't.

Everything he thinks is right now, is obviously not influenced by the CIA. Only what he doesn't like.

Back