• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Honestly I would have preferred that. The defense/pitching staff needs more help than our lineup does. Scoring has never been a problem. And its catcher.

they got a guy who apparently works really well with pitchers and who was elite offensively last year (albeit, in a limited role).

the truth is that the league is filled with d-first catchers, and a guy like that can always be acquired if navarro's play slips or he gets hurt.

the more i think about this the more i like it, actually.

they didn't cough up silly term or dollars, and if he hits like he has hit the past two years he is going to be a nice addition to the lineup.

there isn't a lot of downside here. if he doesn't work out this is easily rectifiable. if he repeats 2012 it's good value. if he repeats 2013 he's a steal.

It should be noted that while Brett Anderson is terribly brittle and always an injury risk ... the talent level is off the charts. I'm not against the idea of signing him as I've been a fan for a few years, but it seems pretty risky for a time we all expect AA to be looking for safe.

It should be noted that while Brett Anderson is terribly brittle and always an injury risk ... the talent level is off the charts. I'm not against the idea of signing him as I've been a fan for a few years, but it seems pretty risky for a time we all expect AA to be looking for safe.

Again it depends in what capacity...if he's brought in as a guy to be a 4/5 and we get a legit 2 as well then i'm all over it....but if he's "the guy" then im not remotely excited.

Dexter Fowler and his triples prowess traded to Houston for Jordan Lyles and Brandon Barnes

Saltalamacchia close to deal with Marlins

Royals favorites for Beltran (3/48 rumored)

Ellsbury to the Yanks potentially for around 150 million.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 1m
told Ellsbury deal with Yankees will "above Crawford." $150M is a fair estimate. will give yanks dynamic lineup top.

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm 1m
@JonHeymanCBS reporting that Jacoby Ellsbury is close to deal w/ Yankees….Ellsbury, McCann & they're just getting started…they're BACK #NYY

Massive over payment.

Last edited:
Back