• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Jon Morosi linking us to Jose Berrios at the deadline potentially who has 2 years ( i think) of control remaining.

He would be a guy i suspect these guys look at moving 1-2 of those top 100 guys for ( No Martin or Pearson) but potentially Groshans/Moreno or Groshans/Kirk?
Berrios has one more year after this year before he is a FA.

I don’t think the Twins will trade him because even though they’ve had an awful start I don’t see them giving up on next year already. I think Berrios wants to test FA, but he’s pretty cheap this year and will be next year as well. Absolutely the kind of guy to give up a Groshans-level prospect to get, if he’s available.

Yeah, Berrios would look pretty sweet in the rotation. Definitely the sort of arm with some control that I would be willing to give up a decent prospect package for.

I read on Twitter yesterday that the Jays have had the most difficult schedule in baseball. So, I'm not sure they are over performing as much as people think, especially when you take into account who they've had missing this year.

Maybe he just saw the “Los Angeles” part of the team’s name and thought he was going to the Dodgers?

Either way, it’s definitely a crime for two generational talents to be wasting their careers with a franchise that never makes the playoffs and is a perpetual flaming garbage pile.

They're not bad this year on paper, pitching has been underwhelming but also unlucky and they should at least be in the race for a playoff spot ... though that Trout injury sucks big-time. Prospect Jared Walsh has been beasting, and they have 2 high-end OF's who should be up soon (Brandon Marsh and Jo Adell), if they're ready they'll provide a huge boost.

Unfortunate running by semien. But I don't think 3b coach had the stop sign up in time.

But the ball is flying tonight. Lots of runs coming.

And great slide by vladdy.

Stripling sucks

hKeHqvC.gif

is there any science that actually proves that stretching guys out, building up arm strength, innings pitched limits and the like actually do anything?

i remember reading years ago that the physical impact of a pitching motion puts equivalent strain on the shoulder to getting hit by a truck (or something like that). seems to me that except for a few lucky folk your arm as a pitcher is pretty much primed to blow up at some point, and i don't think it can be avoided. at least wiht the way guys throw these days...

Manoah should already be up. If he started yesterday instead of Stripling, it was a W.

Ryu
Ray
Matz
Manoah
Kay

That’s the rotation. Might not even need a 10-man bullpen or whatever if they have more innings to their best pitchers.

Manoah should already be up. If he started yesterday instead of Stripling, it was a W.

Ryu
Ray
Matz
Manoah
Kay

That’s the rotation. Might not even need a 10-man bullpen or whatever if they have more innings to their best pitchers.

It's still very thin - I don't trust Matz or Kay much, Manoah is still very young too so will be prone to brain fart games, and Ray's voodoo curse will wear off at some point. So there's definitely still need for a top-3 arm to feel comfortable with that.

Back