• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Like, im anti Shatkins now, dont get me wrong, but youll be hard pressed to convince me any front office in baseball, would pick up a 2/21 option on a very good middle RP, for a "contending" team, and then cheap out on the rest of the offseason where they have multiple holes.
isn't this exactly the kinda thing they've done in the past though?

They have literally never, not once, not a single time, ever committed this kind of money to any RP ever.

The highest AAV they ever did prior was i think Yimi, or that weird Kirby Yates contract with silly bonuses.
not that specifically - I just meant allocating big resources to one part of the roster while leaving obvious and glaring holes in other parts.

not that specifically - I just meant allocating big resources to one part of the roster while leaving obvious and glaring holes in other parts.

Eh, maybe? but still, for them to all of a sudden shift in philosophy and decide lets pay MRP 10M, and then not address the roster is not these guys. It makes no sense.

I do believe at least one spot will be filled internally, like 2B with Biggio/Schneider, but really, it probably should be.

Now, could they pay Green then decide, to get a 8M DH rather than a 17M one? very possible, but the holes will be filled, just the question is how well?

The FA market being complete dogshit makes everything harder to guess.

I expect them to offer bellinger the biggest deal of any team. Not sure if he’d accept it but I truly do believe they see him as being the best fit to fill the lineup.

I expect them to offer bellinger the biggest deal of any team. Not sure if he’d accept it but I truly do believe they see him as being the best fit to fill the lineup.
I can see this as well. Bellinger will be in the price range 6 x 25? that they have shown comfort with, and represents a Springer-ish level of disaster like contract later on, perhaps even more risk

I think Bellinger is the guy to sign. Comes with a bit of risk.

Figure out the money to bring back Chapman. We don’t have better internal options unless you think Orelvis can be that guy. He probably cost himself a bunch of money so maybe you can get him for a bit of a deal.

I’m so down on this team. Legit have nothing to look forward to beyond hoping for bounce back seasons.

Bellinger generally provides good center-field defense and also plays some 1st base, not a huge need with Varsho moving to CF and Vlad at 1B.

He will likely get a massive contract and I'm just not sure he'll be the best way to spend that money, especially with his history of weird inconsistency.

Definitely need to improve the offense in a weak hitter market though.

they've signed already injured pitchers more than once in the past, was the point, I believe.
It's a ridiculous point. Throwing a baseball 95 mph is an unnatural motion for a human arm, and in case you haven't noticed, pitchers break all the fucking time. Which means that teams sign or trade for guys coming off injuries all the fucking time.

Look at Tampa this year, generally considered one of the smartest orgs and also one known to coddle and baby their pitchers, and half the staff had Tommy John surgery this year.

It's a ridiculous point. Throwing a baseball 95 mph is an unnatural motion for a human arm, and in case you haven't noticed, pitchers break all the fucking time. Which means that teams sign or trade for guys coming off injuries all the fucking time.

Look at Tampa this year, generally considered one of the smartest orgs and also one known to coddle and baby their pitchers, and half the staff had Tommy John surgery this year.
I mean it's a statement of fact. Feel free to... dispute the facts?

I'm not sure what you're arguing here... are you suggesting injury history should not be a relevant factor when signing free agents? or that there's no difference between signing a pitcher who is currently injured vs one who isn't?

Back