• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I mean it's a statement of fact. Feel free to... dispute the facts?

I'm not sure what you're arguing here... are you suggesting injury history should not be a relevant factor when signing free agents? or that there's no difference between signing a pitcher who is currently injured vs one who isn't?

i give up. yes they are total idiots for signing a pitcher who later suffered an arm injury, because this never happens to any other team or Gm. And once a pitcher suffers any kind of arm injury, they should be taken behind the barn and put down. No team should ever try to sign or rehab them ever again.

i give up. yes they are total idiots for signing a pitcher who later suffered an arm injury, because this never happens to any other team or Gm
that's not what anyone was arguing. you just jumped into the middle of a conversation and latched onto a very specific and out of context statement in an attempt to ...? I honestly don't know.

this started with Jonas. I noted that signing Green did not lead me to the same conclusion as he reached about their ambitions for the rest of the roster.

he said he didn't think that was the case cause they'd never spent money on a RP like this previously. ME pointed out that they had, and in both cases on guys who were injured (presumably this allowed them to find their sweet spot of shared risk).

I don't understand the controversy here...

that's not what anyone was arguing. you just jumped into the middle of a conversation and latched onto a very specific and out of context statement in an attempt to ...? I honestly don't know.

this started with Jonas. I noted that signing Green did not lead me to the same conclusion as he reached about their ambitions for the rest of the roster.

he said he didn't think that was the case cause they'd never spent money on a RP like this previously. ME pointed out that they had, and in both cases on guys who were injured (presumably this allowed them to find their sweet spot of shared risk).

I don't understand the controversy here...
there is no controversy. They are total idiots because they signed a pitcher who had been injured. No other MLB teams do this. Please fire them for making such an egregious decision.

there is no controversy. They are total idiots because they signed a pitcher who had been injured. No other MLB teams do this. Please fire them for making such an egregious decision.
when you feel like actually discussing the points and arguments posters are making let me know and I'm more than happy to engage in an actual discussion or debate!

DPs Toronto sports cynicism is at all-time highs so debates like these need context. And it's hard to blame the guy

I dont know who or what a Brendon Little is. Seems shitty

The way White finished up in AAA and our zero pitching depth, kind of made this automatic, same with Chapman QO

Speaking of QO Garver and Teo did not get one

DPs Toronto sports cynicism is at all-time highs so debates like these need context. And it's hard to blame the guy
I came in good faith on this one! But clearly there is no appetite for an actual discussion on the merits, so on we go.

But if anything, I feel like the past 8/9 years of shapkins justify skepticism, not optimism, but being a sports fan is all about your feelings so everyone should feel how they wish

I dont know who or what a Brendon Little is. Seems shitty

The way White finished up in AAA and our zero pitching depth, kind of made this automatic, same with Chapman QO

Speaking of QO Garver and Teo did not get one

Little I'm assuming is basically a rule 5 guy, but trading for him ahead of time means you can keep him in AAA.

Green had good FIP/xFIP numbers in his short time with the team last year, so makes sense to bring him back. The team probably still has about 20M under the CBT threshold, and probably 40M if they get back to the same payroll they had last year, counting expected arbitration contracts. I can't imagine even the dumbest management exercising this option if they were going to cut payroll to get under the CBT limit, so assuming the team runs a somewhat similar budget to last year, still got space to give either good deals to 2 guys, or iffy deals to 3, to fill the holes in the lineup.

If Atkins can slither talk his way into an Ohtani signing then I won’t say another negative thing about the guy but that’s not happening lol

Back