• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

There is a world where the Giants, Mariners, Mets, Yankees, Cubs, Rangers or Red Sox get it done, but they make up that 2%

It might be a touch higher than 2%, because there's always the chance that some GM gets owner approval to add an extra 0 to their offer and just give some sort of ridiculously crazy contract. Like if Reds or Padres go offer 80M per year and want to build their next next generation around him. Still definitely curious to see what deal he gets in the end, and how much his end of season injury will cost him.

Jays showing early interest in Michael A Taylor, who is basically a RHH Keirmaier downgrade.

If he's brought in at the cost of an OF4 to get starts vs LHP and cover up whatever all bat no glove they sign for LF. Then, fine.

If he gets like 10M ( and he really should, as he's technically good enough to be a starting CF) and keeps Varsho in LF and the offense somehow downgrades in a spot, then its fucking stupid.

I have a hard time believing he's going to be a bargain OF4

Jays showing early interest in Michael A Taylor, who is basically a RHH Keirmaier downgrade.

If he's brought in at the cost of an OF4 to get starts vs LHP and cover up whatever all bat no glove they sign for LF. Then, fine.

If he gets like 10M ( and he really should, as he's technically good enough to be a starting CF) and keeps Varsho in LF and the offense somehow downgrades in a spot, then its fucking stupid.

What does it say about Varsho that they’re interested in a D-first CF, again?

Varsho only makes sense if he’s your everyday CF and you fill the LF spot with a big bat.

sometimes rumours are made up. If it's real it's likely as a 4th OF who can back up all 3 positions.
Taylor has never been a 4th OF, and hasn’t even played anything but CF in four years. He’s also coming off a career high in HR. So…. maybe the rumor is made up or maybe he’s exactly the kind of free agent these guys would fall in love with.

Taylor has never been a 4th OF, and hasn’t even played anything but CF in four years. He’s also coming off a career high in HR. So…. maybe the rumor is made up or maybe he’s exactly the kind of free agent these guys would fall in love with.
And he’s earned the coin to be a starting CF, just makes no sense here

I’d be pissed if that’s who they target

OFFICIAL: We're excited to announce the hiring of Carlos Febles as our Third Base Coach.

Additionally, Don Mattingly will be undertaking an expanded role as Bench Coach & Offensive Coordinator.

Back