• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Tonight, Leafs quit after puck drop

giphy.gif

Depends who makes it to the conference finals. But it'll be around that.

According to wiki they can’t go higher than #25. If they get knocked out, their final position will depend on the plights of Florida and Carolina (who would push them up the order if they are eliminated in the 1st rd too.) And assuming Avalanche aren’t going out in the first round… #26 is the highest possible spot.

Right now they are 27th. Need teams below them to make the semis.
Rangers, Tampa, Bruins, Oilers, Pens, Caps, Kings, Stars, Preds.

So the range could be 24 to 27.

Regardless of the reasons, I thought he wasn't very good in round one, and got progressively worse. By round four I thought he (and Gallagher) should have come out-he was useless. More useless than the rest, even.

5 pts against the Leafs, including 2 goals in the last 2 games.
5 pts in 4 games against the Jets.
4 pts in 6 games against Vegas.

14 pts in 17 games in the first 3 rounds is pretty good.

This is definitely a happy Monday for me!

#schadenfreude

For a second there, he looks as if the light has finally switched on and he's realized, finally, that he's been wasting his life on this team. And then, he reverts to mindless chants of "Bring it home!" and once again he is self-deluded.

I'm really surprised at how many goals Shesterkin has been giving up. Did not see that one coming.

I'm really surprised at how many goals Shesterkin has been giving up. Did not see that one coming.
Shesterkins regular season play covered up lots of NYR blemishes - Rangers young players have really struggled & Fox has been nowhere near as effective in the playoffs

Yup. Outside of Fox and Shesterkin, it's an extremely unremarkable team. Fox has flashed at times, but not enough. I just thought that with elite goaltending, they would have been able to steal some games, especially with Pittsburgh losing their #1 and #2 goalies. That hasn't been the case.

And as I say that, it's 6-2 Pittsburgh.

Fucking hell, I've never seen a first round with so many blowouts. I wouldn't have been surprised in the West because there aren't that many good teams, but I thought the East would have been extremely tight. A lot of games that the outcome has been determined early in the game.

This is why Dolan had Sather can Gorton (as Larry Brooks & Howie Rose outlined on WFAN), if NYR lose this series Drury will be ordered to dump some more soft skill for edgy players this off season.

Strome will also be gonzo, so Rangers will go hard after Scheifele in exchange for some of their youth

Last edited:
Barkov & Huberdeau better wake up quick or Panthers will be toast - completely invisible.

Chiarot’s having a good game - physical presence

Last edited:
Back