• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

I suppose they think they can wait out his recovery. Especially if they also sign Driedger.

Gamesmanship...Francis wants MB to bend and offer compensation for not taking Price
It's just disinformation flowing back and forth. Having permission to hang yourself with that contract is not necessarily any indication that it will happen.

You are what your record says you are. They were an 18th place club last season. Sure, that's better than the 24th place team they were the season before, but it's still garbage.
Give it up.. they were not as bad as the 18th place, using the Covid excuse goes both ways, they had to deal with a lot this year.... being garbage does not take you to the finals...

The Price is Wright? I wouldn’t mind doing a full tank to get Wright or Bedard with Suzuki and Caufield. Would be unreal actually but it’s so unpredictable and still have to rely on a lottery

They can agree to a deal now, just can’t submit it to the NHL until the freeze ends.

Like I said, maybe MB wants Seattle to take Price.
I don’t think he does, it’s a pure game of chicken, but MB knows worst case scenario...he’s got leverage because he can live with $10.5M additional cap space, so he has zero intention to “pay to keep Price”

BTW - Price also knows the latter and is why he waived NMC, apparently so does his wife..

Will Francis blink first?

Give it up.. they were not as bad as the 18th place, using the Covid excuse goes both ways, they had to deal with a lot this year.... being garbage does not take you to the finals...

Sure they were in the easiest top 4 division

There is only one way to prove it

Do it this year in a standard 82 game schedule

LG its a fact ....24th and 18th ......dont make the playoffs

The last 2 years were Christmas gifts ..... lets enjoy the ride it provided

I don’t think he does, it’s a pure game of chicken, but MB knows worst case scenario...he’s got leverage because he can live with $10.5M additional cap space, so he has zero intention to “pay to keep Pricel

Price was never going to finish that contract , thats why its front loaded with bonuses

Max he plays 2 more years

Price to Seattle is a real possibility, he checks all the boxes for Seattle, minus the contract. I do think they can easily draft a team and fit Price's contract in it. Of all the bad contract exposed in the draft, it might be the most interesting of the group as they player still provide a lot of value.

Back